Wednesday 19 June 2013

“A trap is only a trap if you don't know about it. If you know about it, it's a challenge.” (China Miéville, King Rat)

Yes I like challenges so I decided to take two at the time!

I was searching for some things in the web and suddenly I ended up in this website


After reading a couple of posts and found them very interesting I have decided to have two of the challenges proposed.
The first one it is a intermittent fast diet which consist in at least once a week, pick a day were you cannot eat anything in 16h (14h for women) after that you can eat regularly.
Apparently it has a lot of benefit some of them I am quoting from the blog I read. So if you want to know more you should read the post. (I do not want to quote the whole article!)



  • Increased Fatty Acid Oxidation (Body burns more fat as energy, leading to fast weight loss)
  • Increased Cell Resistance (Slowed down ageing process, improved immunity)
  • Increased Insulin Sensitivity (Less fluctuation in blood sugar levels, more constant energy & mood levels)
  • Reduced Cortisol Production (Lower stress levels)
  • Reduced Inflammation (Faster body healing, repair, and recovery)
  • Reduced Cancer Cells Proliferation Rate (Reduced incidence of several types of cancer)
  • Reduced Cognitive Decline for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease
  • Reduced Incidence of Heart Disease




  • The second challenge I founded in the same website and consist of taking a cold shower every day during 30 days. It also has some benefit that you can check in the article.


    So yes I know it sounds a little bit crazy, but honestly I am curious and I want to experiment and challenge myself in order to prove I can do it!
    I will keep you informed about how everything is going!!

    No comments :

    Post a Comment